"I am a Christian. I believe only in the Scriptures, and in Jesus Christ my Savior."
- Only Charles Thompson and John Hancock signed the original Declaration of Independence on July 2, 1776
- Secretary of Continental Congress
- Played large role in foreign matters as Secretary of the Continental Congress acting as “Prime Minister of America”
- Leader of the Philadelphia “Sons of Liberty”
- Designed the final version of the U.S. Great Seal
- He produced the first Septuagint translation in America resulting in the Thompson Bible still in use today